In a survey that was taken, the question was asked, what is a three word sentence that you would most like to hear? How would you answer that question? The number one answer was I love you. Would you like to know that you are loved? The sentence that came in second was I forgive you. Is it possible that you want to have peace in your heart?
Maybe you are looking for a ray of hope for your life, a reason to live. There is a Person that can fill your life with love, hope, joy, and forgiveness. He wants to bring fulfillment to your life. He wants to have a personal relationship with you every day. His name is Jesus.
Sharing the Faith wants to help you explore how you can know Christ personally.
- Recognize God's Plan - Peace and Life
The message you have just read stressed that God loves you and wants you to experience His peace and life. The Bible says ...“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- Realize Our Problem - Separation
People choose to disobey God and go their own way. This result is separation from God. The Bible says ...“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- Respond to God's Remedy - The Cross
God sent His Son to bridge the gap. Christ did this by paying the penalty for our sins when He died on the cross and rose from the grave. The Bible says ...“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- Receive Christ - As Lord and Savior
You cross the bridge into God’s family when you prayerfully ask Christ to come into your life. The Bible says ... “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” John 1:12
HOW TO RECEIVE CHRIST
- Admit your need (I am a sinner).
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent).
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.
- Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit (receive Him as Lord and Savior).
PRAYER OF COMMITMENT
Dear Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner and I need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
What happens next?
SDEA is committed to encourage new believers in their walk with the Lord. We believe there are four fundamental parts in beginning and maintaining an Intimate Walk with Christ.
- Prayer: You can not have a relationship with anyone with out conversations. Christ desires that you communicate daily with him through prayer..
- The Bible: This is the road map for all Christians. Reading and studying the Bible brings people to a greater understanding of who Christ is.
- Worship: Find a local church where Christ is preached that you can grow in as you become active in both fellowship ith other believers and service to others.
- Witness: It should be our desire to share the gift that we have been given with others.
If you have any questions about how to walk with Christ please feel free to contact anyone in our office and we would love to speak with you.